Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Graduation and Jack update

I'm sorry that it has taken so long to post. April was a super busy month, and we are glad that it is over. Casey and I both graduated this semester from Utah State, which is very exciting. Casey earned his Bachelors degree in Biology, and I earned my Master of Accountancy. We are both very happy to be done with this semester. It has been busier than usual, but it made graduation that much sweeter. Casey decided not to walk for his graduation, because he is planning to go to dental school and doesn't feel like he should participate in commencement until he is actually finished. I felt the same way when I graduated with my bachelors, and I didn't walk. However, I wanted to walk this time mainly to get the pictures.






My mom, McCall, Kyle, Chelsi, and Whitli all came, as well as Casey's parents Val and Kathy. I really appreciated everyone supporting me, and the best part was that they were all there to help us move. During finals week, we worked really hard to pack up our apartment, so that we could move the weekend after graduation. We didn't want to get stuck paying any rent for May, so we needed to move that weekend. For those of you who aren't alreadly aware, we decided to move back to Heber for the summer to save a little money. Casey is trying to get a job with a landscaping company, and I'm hanging out with Jack and studying for the CPA exam. Casey is also studying to take the DAT. In September, we will be moving to Salt Lake where I will start working for PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Casey will hopefully find a dentist he can work with part time until he gets into dental school the next fall. As for now, we are very excited to be so close to family for the summer.

Then there is Jack, who is getting so big, so fast! He's getting more and more fun as time goes on; however, I look back at pictures and clothes from when he was barely born and can't believe that it was only four months ago.



He is developing his little personality. He smiles a lot, but he lets you know when he is mad or wants something. Often times rather than crying, he yells at me with a loud scream/grunt noise. Its actually kind of cute, but gets frustrating in excess. He has recently started laughing, but he has only laughed really hard at 3 people: Kyler Mahoney, Chelsi Adams, and Kyle Adams. Casey and I have both gotten laughs out of him, but nothing like these other three. His little laugh is so infectious, and you can't help but laugh with him. He makes many different facial expressions that are so funny. For example...





You may have noticed a little red in his hair in the picture above. Yes... it is true... we have a little red head on our hands. I guess he is not totally a red head, but there is definitely hints of red, especially in the right light. I have a little red in my hair, and Casey's facial hair grows in red. So, that is where he gets it. He has also perfected the technique of rolling over, but now he actually enjoys being on his stomach for awhile. Although, it seems that he gets frustrated sometimes because he cannot crawl yet. He gets his legs and arms going, but then squeals when he cannot go anywhere. He's figured out how to move when he is on his back, and most the time he is in a completely different spot in his crib when I go to get him in the morning than where I put him the night before. He likes to sit in his bumbo chair and puts everything he can grab in his mouth.


By the way, Casey dressed him complete with the hat and took this picture. It doesn't really match, but he looks pretty cute anyway.
I will be better about posting now, hopefully.



8 comments:

  1. Congrats to the 2.5 of you on graduation, the job, and the cute kid!

    And Casey, I'm pretty sure he matches in the picture you took :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to finally see a new post! Cute pictures of all of you!

    And what do boys know about matching... Daron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Linds! That is so awesome you were able to finish. I am excited for you to move to Salt Lake so we can start hanging out. Jack is crackin me up. Those pictures are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so, so cute!! It was wonderful seeing you and Jack last week. It was a visit long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on everything. You guys look so cute. I miss you so much. I hope everything is going great and hopefully I will get to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on graduating. We were sad to hear you moved to Heber and didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Good luck with the exams!! Hope we get to see you sometime this summer! And Jack IS getting big...and cuter every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I found your blog, now I can stay up to date with your cute family!

    ReplyDelete