We celebrated Jack's birthday with a 'cars' theme with a homemade sign and black and red balloons. We woke up and had pancakes for breakfast because that is what Jack wanted. We opened presents, and he got lots of fun things. Casey and I were really excited to get him his first bike, but we were worried he wouldn't be excited. Luckily, he loves it and rides/walks it around our house for at least 30 minutes a day. We had a few friends over for cake, and I think the kids enjoyed the balloons more than the cupcakes. We love Jack so much and are excited for his next year of life.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
My baby turned 2!
Jack turned 2 on January 16, and he is officially not my baby boy anymore. He has grown and changed so much in this last year. He is talking and saying words and sentences that make me laugh. He never stops running around (just ask the lady who lives below us....). He knows what he wants and he believes he is going to get it at all cost. I'm pretty sure he gets his stubbornness from his dad ;). He loves playing with his friends, reading books, playing with cars, helping cook dinner, playing in the snow, doing anything with dad, and taking out the garbage. I don't know why people call it the terrible 2's, because I'm pretty sure Jack started at 18 months. He throws fits for up to 40 minutes until I'm able to distract him with something else. So frustrating. He likes to sing the temple song and the family song at bedtime, and he always wants to 'read another book mommy' as a stalling tactic so he doesn't have to go to bed. He loves music and wants to 'rock and roll' with mom and dad. He's found a new love for the 'Cars' movie and wants to watch it everyday. But once I turn it on he will only watch for about 10 minutes... sometimes it is longer, but he usually gets distracted with something else. He still takes awesome naps up to 4 hours and sleeps at night from 8 pm to 8 am (sometimes earlier). He loves going to church, because he gets to go to nursery and play with toys and friends. Although he is hard to handle sometimes, he is so much fun and keeps life entertaining.
We celebrated Jack's birthday with a 'cars' theme with a homemade sign and black and red balloons. We woke up and had pancakes for breakfast because that is what Jack wanted. We opened presents, and he got lots of fun things. Casey and I were really excited to get him his first bike, but we were worried he wouldn't be excited. Luckily, he loves it and rides/walks it around our house for at least 30 minutes a day. We had a few friends over for cake, and I think the kids enjoyed the balloons more than the cupcakes. We love Jack so much and are excited for his next year of life.
We celebrated Jack's birthday with a 'cars' theme with a homemade sign and black and red balloons. We woke up and had pancakes for breakfast because that is what Jack wanted. We opened presents, and he got lots of fun things. Casey and I were really excited to get him his first bike, but we were worried he wouldn't be excited. Luckily, he loves it and rides/walks it around our house for at least 30 minutes a day. We had a few friends over for cake, and I think the kids enjoyed the balloons more than the cupcakes. We love Jack so much and are excited for his next year of life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












How is that even possible?! You make such a cute mom, Linds. What a lucky boy Jack is.
ReplyDeleteAnd that picture of him excited with the balloon? Totally mini-Casey! Awesome.
Time sure does fly. I can't believe he is 2! But he sure is cute!
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! Blake had a blast... I can't believe how fast they grow...You are such a fun mom...Great Party!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute birthday party. I love your banner, that is a good idea to make... I think Jack looks so much like your family Lindsay.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he is already 2! That is crazy!
ReplyDeleteOh So Sweet!! He does look really grown up in some of those pictures. Nice party decor too Lindsay!! You guys are so cute!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteLinds you are such a cute mom. I love the deco and the cake/cupcakes. So cute! He is getting so big. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteJack has the "Cars" bug! I love it. It is like a rite of passage for all 2-4 year old boys :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute party Lindsay! But I wouldn't expect anything less of you :) Jack is adorable!
ReplyDelete