Casey turned 25 on Friday! He is getting so old :) He was feeling pretty sad that he finally turned a quarter of a century... its all downhill from here. I am very grateful that Casey was born, and even more grateful that he is such a wonderful husband and father. He really is great and treats me so well. Its crazy that we have been married for over 3 years (I know that sounds pitiful to some of you, but it seems like a lot to me). He has been extra helpful since Jack arrived, because we both are pretty much maxed out on time with school, work, and Jack. Casey works so hard, is always willing to take Jack when I need a break, and takes his turn cooking dinner. One of the best things about Casey is that he is continually helping me keep my priorities straight and focusing on what really matters in life. I sometimes find myself worrying about insignificant things or spending my time on things that are not as important as others.
We had a pretty mello day on Friday, but it was fun to spend time together. The day started out pretty normal, except that I actually made breakfast for Casey. Usually we just have cereal, but breakfast is Casey's favorite meal of the day, so I decided to make him french toast and bacon. Casey went to school and Jack and I went to work until about 2:00. We then had lunch and took Jack to a doctor's appointment. Afterwards, we all went on a walk up by Logan river. It was a beautiful day and that was Jack's first walk. He loved it! Then I made Casey dinner - salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagas. We put Jack to bed and watched a movie while eating carmel brownies and ice cream. Casey said he didn't want a big party or anything this year, so we just spent it with our little family.

I sang to Casey by myself and he blew out the candles. There are only 24 candles in a package (you know your getting old when you have to buy two packages of candles!), so we just put 2 on one side and 5 on the other to symbolize 25.

Here's the extent of the party at our house. It got pretty crazy with the 3 of us!

This is Casey's new softshell that he got for his birthday. I think he looks pretty good.

I think this is his $5 movie that I found. You can tell by the expression that he was pretty excited about it (not).

Last but not least, his best present... gummy bears!

The Birthday Prince and his little prodigy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!!
Linds!! I am so glad you have a blog, now we can stay up to date with each other. How are things going? Jack is adorable. Happy Birthday Casey!!
ReplyDeleteWow, how lame are we?! So sorry that we totally forgot your birthday Casey! And if you're feeling old you can always remember that Jacob is older than you!!!
ReplyDeletelooks fun! you are such a cute little family!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Casey! And Jack is soooo cute! Daron and I are trying to figure out a weekend that we could come to Logan. We want to see Jack!...oh and you guys too:) Keep posting the pictures they are so fun to see.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun birthday! I love the nice relaxing days with just the family. Jack is a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHi guys! I saw your blog on Kelsi's and thought I'd say hi. Your little man is sooo cute. Congrats by the way. Anyway let's keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great birthday to me. Lindsay...you did a great job planning :-)
ReplyDelete